Friday, April 1, 2011

We've got news!!!

NO! Nobody is pregnant! You may or may not know but about two weeks or so ago my  son, Ben, went down to a one day baseball camp at Central Michigan University and from what his grandpa told me he had one heck of a day. Well... I received an interesting call yesterday.. it went something like this: "Hello?" "Scott?" "Yes" "This is Coach Steve Jaksa, from CMU." " I'm calling you to let you know we are very interested in having your son come to CMU when he graduates from high school to play baseball for us. I saw him at camp a couple of weeks ago and we want to get a jump on any other schools that may be giving him a call." "Well coach, that's incredible but he is only going to be in eighth grade next year." "I know Scott, but I have an eye for talent and your son has the technique and the looks of a natural." "Thank you for noticing coach we will keep you in mind." " Jeff Opalewski, our recruiting coordinator will be in touch with you from time to time so you don't forget about us." "That's great, coach! I look forward to hearing from him." You have to understand I was stunned. You don't get that call every day.
I know what you are thinking.. sounds hard to believe. I was just floored after I hung the phone. Connie asked me who it was and when I told her she told me to quit lying to her. After I convinced her I wasn't we sat there looking at each other and didn't even know what to say. Well of course I called Ben and man his reaction was amazing!! I could here him screaming and trying to tell his mother. Everyone is just ecstatic! Imagine at his age and colleges are already calling!! This something I never thought would happen. Wow, what a future he is going to have. We really don't know how to act or what to do.

Have a Great Day! Ask, Believe, Receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment