Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Change

Have you ever noticed how people are opposed to change? It's especially prevalent in my small town in northern Michigan. I always hear the phrase "I like things the way they are" or "That will never go over here, it won't make it". Then I saw a commercial the other day about what things would be like if we excepted the first thing that came along. I can't remember what they were advertising but they where showing things like bicycles(the Huge front wheel), TV's (think back, black and white), record players, cars.... Think about all the great things we have and imagine if we never had change. Are you thinking.. are you laughing. We would all be living in caves or log homes and wearing animal skins (wouldn't be an argument about furs would there or hunting rights). Great things happen when we accept change, not only to communities but to people. Here's my challenge to you... take a look in the mirror and ask yourself "what do I need to change, what can I do that will make me a better person?" I have been told to that I need to make myself more aware of my surroundings so I work on it everyday. I need to become more confident in myself so I work on that and I work on being more positive. Are you up to the challenge or are you afraid of people teasing you? I told myself when I turned forty that if I hadn't tried something I was going to (mainly had to do with different foods) and I have found some wonderful things that I had been missing in my life. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Don't concern yourself with what your friends or family are going to say they are the ones who are missing out. Don't settle! Explore, discover and enjoy what you have been missing only because you were afraid of change. Who knows maybe it will become contagious and your community will start to accept the changes to make the area a better place (not that it's bad but change is a good thing). Remember, Don't Settle!

No comments:

Post a Comment