Monday, February 21, 2011

Positive Thinking

Lately I have been listening to "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. If you aren't familiar with "The Secret" it is about positive thinking and asking the universe for what you want, believing you are going to get it and then receiving it. Now I know some of you are probably thinking that I've lost my mind but hear me out. For those of you who know me you probably have thought to yourself at some point in time that I've come across as a negative person and I would have agreed with you, but not anymore. I have made a conscious effort to become a positive thinker and have been implementing "The Secret" into my life. Let me give you an example of how this has worked for me. This past Thursday I told myself that when heading down to Royal Oak for the weekend that I would make great time and nobody would pull out in front of me and go 45 MPH as I was heading down US 23 (We've all had it happen). Here is what happened. Friday driving down we had just started heading out of Oscoda, there is nobody behind us and low and behold a guy in a SUV starts pulling out in front of us from the left, but instead of getting in our lane he pulled into the turning lane and waited for us to go by. Here's another example, Saturday while sitting at my sister's house in Royal Oak trying to decide where to go to dinner she commented on how we needed to get going because it was going to be busy regardless where we went. I said to her, we won't have to wait we will be able to walk right in and get a table. We went to Duggan's on Woodward, walked right in got a table and ten minutes later the place was packed. Now, I understand that a majority of you will say "It's just a coincidence that these things happened this way" and that's fine by me you can continue waiting in lines, driving behind slow drivers and most of all not getting what you really want in life as for me... I've decided to ask for what I want in life, believe I'm going to get it and then openly receive it. It is not up to me to concern myself with how I will receive what I want in life I just know it is going to happen.

1 comment:

  1. I started reading The Secret and I think there is really something to be said about the Law of Attraction. I hear people talk all the time about throwing something out to the universe so that it will happen. Positive thinking draws positive thinking - you were an example of this last weekend - you're positivity was contagious and started Connie and I thinking positively.

    ReplyDelete