Monday, March 7, 2011

Being Positive on Monday's

" If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow than never leaves him." - Gautama Buddha (founder of Buddhism).

" Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel." - King Solomon (Proverbs 11:17)

How many of you woke up this morning and told yourself this is going to be the greatest week of my life? I know I did and I know of at least one other person who did because I saw it on their facebook page. My challenge to you for today and this week is to see if you can, at the very least, start eliminating negativity from your life. How many of you have a person in your life, either from work or an acquaintance, when they speak it is always or mostly in a negative connotation? Next time you speak with that person and they are being negative turn the conversation around on them by saying something along the lines of " I'm really grateful for that person because....." and then hit them with a positive! Think about the look on their face, think about how they will talk to you next time, think about it... what if you do that every time someone speaks negatively. What do you suppose will happen to the negativity in your life, that's right, it will go away!! Instead of nagging, complaining, criticizing, or finding fault begin looking for things you love in others. I believe by doing this your relationships and your life will become increasingly better and you will become increasingly happier.
I share this with you, not because I want something from you, I share it because I want to be a better person for the love of my life Connie and for everyone I interact with in my life. It is my opinion that my life will be better for it. My vow to you is to give kindness, encouragement, support, gratitude and all my good feelings to you and I will not ask for anything in return. I will not try to change you, I will not think I know what is best for any of you, and I will not think that I am right and you are wrong. I will accept people into my life as they are knowing they are great people and can enhance my life in their special way. But note one thing, if you are being negative I will be positive.
I vow to work on myself everyday for everyday is greater than the day before. This is the greatest week of my life and it will be yours also.
Have a Great Day! Ask, Believe, Receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment