Friday, March 4, 2011

Friggin Fridays!

It seems everyday when I check facebook a certain word appears before me... friggin Monday, friggin Tuesday  and so it goes. Today was no different so I decided to search the web for its definition and what do you think I found. For those of you who said it's the "polite" way to say f@#k you, well...(pause for effect) you would be wrong(and for those of you who are correcting me on the proper spelling of effect/affect, I've struggled with that ever since I had R.B. for English in ninth grade, damn I'm old.). Here is what I found for the definition at www.urbandictionary.com "The original word 'Friggin' is a rude term for a female masturbating. People have formed completely wrong definitions of the word over time and people aren't 100% sure of what it means." http://www.dictionary.com/ has it defined as follows Origin: 1425–75; earlier, to move about restlessly, rub; late Middle English friggen  to quiver. For those of you who are asking yourself "When did this word come to mean what we think it means today?" Well the answer to that is..... (drum roll, tattatatatatt) sometime between 1920 - 1925 Friggin Yeah!
What I found interesting in my search was the related searches at the bottom of my Google screen... define dementia. Now why would a person who is searching the word friggin want to define the word dementia? Let's explore shall we? medical-dictionary.freedictionary.com defines it as Dementia a loss of mental ability severe enough to interfere with normal activities of daily living, lasting more than six months, not present since birth, and not associated with a loss or alteration of consciousness. But what I found interesting was the description and the cause this website noted : Dementia is a group of symptoms caused by gradual death of brain cells. Dementia usually is caused by degeneration in the cerebral cortex, the part of the brain responsible for thoughts, memories, actions and personality. With this being noted I began thinking about the person who post the word friggin everyday on facebook.... hhhmmmm if you know him he hasn't lost his mental capacity and he has a hell of a personality, I'm not sure how his memory is... as for gradual death of brain cells I would venture a guess his motto is only the strong ones survive. I will say this much for him, he is a great person to be around and will have everyone laughing. When you see him out everyone who is with him is smiling and laughing their asses off. He just hasn't figured out he's wankin' every day of the week.
Have a Friggin great day! Ask, Believe, Receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment