Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Destiny or Just a Name - it's all news

Do we all have a destiny? Is there a greater plan that we are all a part of or as they say in "The Secret" is there a huge chalk board with our name on it that says "According to God this is what (insert name here) will become...." The reason I mention this is I turned the news on this morning and had the privilege of hearing about a self-help guru by the name of James Ray who is being prosecuted for possible murder. If you want to know the whole story look google it. What got me thinking is this.... you name your child James Ray I think it says something about you as a person, kind of like naming your kid Charles Manson or John Boothe. At what point would you not think your kid is going to show up in the news for a "bad" deed? What I find sad is when I turned on the news this morning they reported on Libya, James Ray, nasty weather, and best of all Ralph "the karate kid" Macchio is going to be on dancing with the stars!!! But I digress.
Let's talk about destiny because of all the things I've seen and heard this morning it's the one thing worth talking about. Do I believe in destiny? Simple answer NO. As a proponent of "The Secret" I believe you ask for what you want, believe you are going to receive it, and then receive it. Destiny is either an excuse for not achieving or a great way to explain how successful a person is. Going back to my choices blog yesterday, all through life we have made choices based on situations presented at the time. Let me give you an example, I went to Michigan State after attending community college for two years. Did I graduate then, no, why? because I mad bad choices didn't study and tended to study mixology more than school. My choice, not a great one, but my choice. Twenty years later I went back to school received my Bachelor's degree and my Master's degree over the course of the last three years. Now what do you suppose would have happened throughout my life if I would have finished school twenty years ago. Do you think my path would have taken a different turn? Do I have any regrets? No. Was it destiny? Hell no! I can hear the argument "Scott it was your destiny to take the path you did, God has plans for you." And this is where I will piss people off.... He better hurry up and give me the plan because I've asked the Universe to step in and give me what I want. You heard me, I've put my order in and I am now open to receive it. Sounds strange? Well call me crazy because it's going to work and when it does you will hear about it here. Enough of my rambling.
Have a great day, ask, believe, receive.

2 comments:

  1. When the Rays named their son James, James Earl Ray had not yet assassinated Martin Luther King Jr. but I get your point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read both the Secret and the Power and I believe both that and destiny are true. Fore me, it comes down to desire...i.e., I have no desire to be a nurse, I am completely capable of completing the schooling, but it doesn't set me on fire--but thankfully it does for other people. The Secret talks about how we all have different desires and that is why it all works. I believe that my desires are God's ways of showing me my destiny. I make choices based on how I see things at the time, and thankfully I get second and third chances to get me to my happiness, because my desires get me to where I need to be to be happy and to touch the world in the way only I can (which would be my purpose). Through reading these books I have come to realize that the process so far has brought me to this point, where I am now ready to ask, believe and receive. The Power tells us that asking doesn't mean it will be without challenges, but that by seeing through the eyes of love we will receive our desires.....just my thoughts on the subject. I enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete