Friday, March 11, 2011

Wisconsin - Are you serious?

Yesterday I was asked if I would write a blog on Wisconsin and the issues they are having. So, being that it was my Dad that asked me, I decided I would give it a shot. Here it goes... this one is for you Dad!
As we all know Guvna Walker and his band of rogue Republican Senators have decided in order to bring the Cheese budget under control they would essentially rid the state of their unions. "Hey guys, listen up." "What is it Guvna?" "I gots me an idea. Let's tell all those fine peeps who voted for us that we need to balance the budget and we are going to do it by eliminating their bargaining power, increase their Health care contribution and take away most of if not all of their 403b match and make them have to increase their retirement contribution. Sound great?" "Yep, ready, 1,2,3, Break". "Ummm hey, does anyone know where the Democrats went? We need them so we can pass this great plan of ours." Yes, Guvna they are vacationing in sunny Illinois." "When will they be back." "When you admit that your plan is really designed to eliminate the Unions." "So they won't be back?" "No, probably not."
"Well, we don't need them we will just amend this bill and that way we will only need a vote of "20" senators to pass it." "How was the vote?" "It passed, Guvna, 18 - 1. Thank the good Lord for those "20" people!!"(please tell me you did the math)
I know what you are thinking.. What's your point. Here's my point. The Republican party knew full well that the bill they were trying to pass under the radar was designed to eliminate Unions. The Democrats caught on(I'm not saying they did the right thing by running away because they didn't, people voted for them for a reason.) The thousands of protesters caught on to the game and so has the rest of the country. Here's where I think things get interesting. Are you aware that the State of Wisconsin has a Government Accountability Board? It is in place to "Administer" Elections, Ethic, and Lobbying Laws. Following are their Goals as a Board: 1. Ensure open, fair and transparent elections(they did okay here.). 2. Identify interest influencing Government and Identify conflicting interest.(hhhmm, seems to me someone isn't paying attention.) 3.Enforce statutory requirements - This goal fosters the continued "High" standards and "Ethical Conduct" by state Government officials..... and reassures the public that the State of Wisconsin is equipped to redress conduct that falls short of statutorily established standards(I must have a different definition for "high standards" and "ethical conduct"). Do you know how much the good Guvna allocated to this Board?? $5,158,600.00 Yes, you read that correctly. It is my understanding by passing the bill he can make up $2.5 million in his deficit. Correct me if I'm wrong. It seems to me that he could make that up from what he allocated to a board that doesn't seem to be doing it's job. They're probably all buddies of his. Below is what his recommendations are:

1. Increase Employee Contributions to Pension and Health Insurance
2. Budget Efficiencies
3. Increase Spending Authority for Lobbying Application
4. Restore Board Member Per Diems
5. Reestimate Voter Registration Sales
6. Reestimate Spending Authority in Wisconsin Election Campaign Fund
7. Campaign Finance Information System
8. Modification of the Democracy Trust Fund
9. Standard Budget Adjustments

I ask you to look at the list above and see if you noticed what I noticed. Look at items 1, 3, 4, and 5. Seems to me it's the typical move of take from the poor and give to the rich.
For those of you who are calling me a Democrat the answer is No I am not. For those of you who are now calling me a Republican...No I am not. If you talk to my father he will tell you that I don't agree with most entitlements but feel some are necessary and I believe in a free market society. I don't feel the financial institutions or the auto industry should have been bailed out, the market would have taken care of itself. In all reality I don't like politics but what I don't like most of all is people getting screwed over even more by their Government the middle class is slowly eroding away and if you don't agree that's fine, after all, It's Just My Opinion.
Have a Great Day! Ask, Believe, Receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment